September 2, 2010

Blurry Moments

I'm not the first (nor the last, surely) to comment on one of the great advantages of digital versus film photography - mistakes and accidentals don't matter. But every now and then, missed shots turn out to be interesting photos, no matter which type of camera they are produced by.

Trees - Millennium Park, Peterborough

Was quietly trying to take a shot of something (or someone?) from the hip and aimed way too high! The camera settings were completely off as well, but the trees treated me to a light show nonetheless. 



Garden - B's House, Peterborough

What happens when you forget that your lens is set to Manual and not Auto-Focus? This. Not to be stared at for too long ;)



Cyclist - London Street Footbridge, Peterborough

Wait too long to take your photo and someone rides directly into your shot. I love the mini-version shadow however. 



Dancer - Folk Festival, Peterborough

A child's movement is difficult to capture, especially when you are as terrible at figuring out proper settings as I am. Yet, I think this photo captures her energy much better than a perfectly focused still shot.



Me - Bathroom Mirror, Peterborough

A little while back, some friends and I participated in a "Day In The Life" photo challenge. This is one of the first photos I took to document my day. Should have known better than to take it with a shoddy point-and-shoot in front of a dirty and blurry mirror, and before I had partaken of my morning coffee ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment